Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Travel writing and Trazzler.com

Just discovered Trazzler.com. I don't know what rock I have been hiding under, but this is a wonderful resource for someone who loves travel, writing and would ultimately love to become a travel writer. Perhaps I need to utilize this "Google" thing to search for more useful bits of information than "beyonce halo rhianna umbrella" and "how to wear white pants."*

Lo and behold, the user-generated-content site holds monthly contests in order to find new freelance writers. Each month has a unique theme, and March is "geological anomaly." After giving thought to writing about Blagojevich's hair, I decided to opt for Franz Josef Glacier in New Zealand. I plan to enter a few more in the coming days.

Here is my entry. Please (shameless self promotion alert) feel free to read the (very) brief "trip," recommend it, pass it along, add it to your wishlist, etc. etc. Thousands have entered the contest, making my chances rather slim, sadly. But it is very fun to once again write about travel and a great reminder that my passport is expired and it's been far too long since I've taken an excrutiatingly long flight overseas.

*These are actual searches conducted while I was meant to be scouring the Internets for freelance work. Not useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment