Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hipster Paradise

Last weekend, we entertained a guest from Michigan. Saturday night, we took him to the art walk in the Wynnwood District of Miami, ostensibly to look at art, but mostly, to look at the f***ing hipsters.

It did not disappoint.

"Your outfit is so 'Saved By the Bell.' That's a thing, right?"
"Yeah, totally. It's this really shitty show that I watch ironically every morning before my conceptual pottery class."
"Hmmm."
"What?"
"It's just, I thought sincerity was the new irony."
"It was. But it switched back. Which is perfect, cause that means your Kanye glasses are back in style. I think. Maybe. You should take them off your head and put them on your face, so that the square redhead lurking behind you can more easily take a picture of them. "

"Why, yes. This leotard is from American Apparel. How did you know?"


I am a terrible person.

2 comments: